Sunday, June 14, 2009

The road not taken

I remembered many years ago, I had to read some poems for English literature time. One of it stood out to me. Though I did not remember the poet but till this very day I still remembered the meaning behind the poetry. This very day, I want to especially remind myself of it. "The Road Not Taken". For some of us, many of times in our lives, we had to make choices. Some more important than others. What should I eat for breakfast so that I don't get too full and get sleepy during work? What time should I leave for class/work? Should I take the car or the public transport today? What major should I choose? Should I buy the house? My situation might not be that big, but I do not take it the least smallest at all at this moment in my life. What kind of job should I be looking for? Will this job give me benefits? Am I going to be fulfilled from doing this? Can this job take me to better place? Is this what I want? Can I see myself doing this for the next 5 or 10 years? What should I do if i get laid off in 1 year? Can this experience help me find a better job? These are the questions running through my head. Compared to the professionals (engineers, computer engineers, lawyers, accountants, doctors, nurses etc)... I feel like nothing. Because my path, like the poem, is the road not taken. Will I be taking this road less traveled?


Photo credit: gem.win.co.nz
p.s: I'm so scared that you will see all the weakness inside of me

No comments:

Post a Comment