Monday, April 20, 2009

Avoided the water but underestimated the cactus



I was on my way out to class today when my neighbor was washing her car. The floor was obviously wet and right in front of me was a puddle which was not going to go anywhere. So being the smart me, I decided to avoid the pool of water by walking at the side most edge as I could along the pots of plants against the wall. Unfortunately, I was too ignorant to realize the plant were not just any plants. It was a big cactus the size of a pot of orchids. Before I could avoid it, the thorns from the cactus has stuck on to the sleeves of my black sweater and some of it even pierced through the sweater and grazed the surface of my left arms. I hurriedly pull up my sleeves to see tiny thorns sticking out my arms. It was a funny scene as I felt like a cactus myself. But funny as it was, it quickly became scary. I felt a little oozy and my arms quickly turned red. At the moment I thought I was going to die. If so, I would probably be the first person to die from cacti allergy if there is such thing. Anyway, it has been a couple of hours since. I manage to get rid of the thorns that I could see and just try to ignore those that I couldn't. Lesson learned, observe your surroundings. Don't take advantage of the slightest things that you pass by daily. You never know when it might jump out and surprise you.

p.s. from dream to scene, this is what i hope this blog would be about

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete